Fernando R. Lopez JD, MBA
Fernando R. Lopez is a Director of International Tax at Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He has been a practicing accountant since 1998.
Fernando advises his clients on a full range of cross-border tax planning and compliance matters aimed at efficient cross-border structures and operations. He counsels businesses in various industries regarding the US and foreign tax considerations related to overseas activities and expansion. This includes foreign clients regarding inbound considerations, US permanent establishment considerations, entity selection and considerations related to investments in real property. Fernando is also knowledgeable on tax-efficient restructuring; M&A, dispositions; joint ventures; global trading structures; tax deferral; foreign currency transactions; repatriation; foreign tax credits, IP migration; transfer pricing; tax accounting, FIN 48 reporting; and international compliance.
Fernando always makes it his initial objective to establish a personal relationship with all his clients that promotes a healthy and strong understanding of their businesses and operations. Prior to joining Prager Metis, he worked with Big 4 firms in the Silicon Valley, Stamford, Atlanta, South Florida, and Paris.
Fernando supports the Chamber of Commerce and the World Trade Center in locations where he practices. He also has participated in the American Bar Association and International Fiscal Association. He has written numerous articles and alerts related to inbound and outbound international tax issues. Fernando is a supporter of international adoption and has three adopted children of his own.
Fernando advises clients on the U.S. tax implications of domestic and international operations and transactions. His experience includes liaising with firms in Europe, Asia, Latin America, and the Caribbean to develop efficient worldwide tax strategies for high-net-worth individuals and multinational companies.
In addition to being involved in tax planning matters, Fernando assists clients with satisfying domestic and international tax compliance requirements. He has served clients in a wide range of industries, including real estate, pharmaceutical, banking, and entertainment.
- American Bar Association
- International Fiscal Association
- Chamber of Commerce (In Locations of Practice)
- World Trade Center (In Locations of Practice)
- BA, Stanford University, Stanford California
- JD, Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia Pennsylvania
- International MBA, Darla Moore School of Business, University of South Carolina, Columbia South Carolina
Insights and Presentations
- North American Regional Conference - USA – 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act: Provisions Affecting International Business
- Fernando R. Lopez mentioned in Worth Magazine issue 51
- US International Tax Reform: Overview of New US Tax Landscape and Planning Opportunities for US and Foreign Companies
- Time to Review Cross Border Business Structures