UK Office Job Opening - Tier 3 Trainee Accountant
Trainee Accountant Our organisation is a rapidly expanding practice that specialises in providing accounting, taxation and advisory services to a client base consisting of individuals and businesses, primarily within the music, entertainment and sport industries, as well as High Net Worth Individuals. The company is looking for a dynamic, top performing part qualified accountant to deliver exceptional quality of service to a varied portfolio of clients in our Accounts and Business Management department. The Trainee Accountant will be responsible for overseeing the workload of two direct reports to ensure that reporting targets are being consistently met in a timely manner.
- Prepare financial statements for clients including Statutory Accounts, management accounts, tour reports and net worth statements,
- Maintain accounting records on book keeping software including Xero, VT and QuickBooks,
- Prepare Self-Assessment Tax Returns, as well as Corporation Tax Returns,
- Prepare, submit and payment of VAT Returns and EC Sales Lists,
- Prepare and submit monthly payroll as well as any associated submissions relating to pensions, duties to also include year-end processing,
- Liaise with third party organisations’ to include HM Revenue and Customs, financial organisations’, tour managers and record labels,
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations and that reporting deadlines are met,
- Carry out continuous review of client information to ensure efficient and cost effective services are being provided,
- Provide a support service by working with all departments as needed,
- Manage junior accountants and apprentices, including day-to-day communication and motivation as well as succession planning and performance management.
Skills Candidates must:
- Have practice experience, including experience managing the workload of junior staff,
- Have excellent communication skills,
- Have high attention to detail,
- Have the ability to work on their own and as part of a team.
- Xero - Essential,
- Microsoft Office (including Excel, Word and Outlook) - Essential,
- CCH - Preferable,
- VT - Preferable,
- Iris Payroll Bureau – Preferable,
- QuickBooks – Ideal.