Steven L. Topal CPA, JD
Steven Topal is a Partner in the Tax and Audit and Accounting Departments of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He leads the Hospitality practice group and serves as the Managing Partner – New York City Office. He began his accounting career in 1982.
Steven believes in a relationship-based approach with his clients. He helps makes his clients’ quality of life better by offering an array of services that help them concentrate on the important things in their business and their lives. Those services include business consultation, bank financing, corporate and personal tax returns and new business set up. Steven specializes in the hospitality industry, particularly restaurants and taverns.
Most of his clients are closely held family businesses. His own experience as being a son of a family business owner provides a unique outlook that helps him understand his clients. Steven is considered an expert in the hospitality industry and frequently speaks on relevant topics to industry groups. His recent topics have included the Affordable Health Care Act and the financial considerations of becoming a restaurateur.
Steven was a partner at Rothschild, Topal, Miller & Kraft PC prior to merging his successful practice with Metis Group in January 2010. He has over 25 years of experience as a Certified Public Accountant and is also a practicing attorney. He is married and has two children.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Metropolitan Jewish Health System Foundation, Chairman of the Board
- Metropolitan Jewish Health System (The Four Brooklyn Ladies) Board Member
- United Synagogue of Amerion Metropolitan New York Region
- JD, Brooklyn Law School, New York
- BS, Accounting, State University of New York, Albany, New York
In the News
Insights & Presentations
212.643.0099 / Ext. 270