Peter J. Scalise MST
Peter J. Scalise is a Director in the Tax Practice of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International Group. Peter serves as the Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader for the Americas and is a highly distinguished BIG 4 Alumni Tax Practice Leader and has approximately twenty years of progressive CPA Firm experience developing, managing and leading multi-million dollar tax advisory practices on a regional, national, and global level.
Peter is a highly acclaimed thought leader in the fields of accounting and taxation with deep subject matter expertise in connection to designing, implementing and defending sustainable methodologies for specialty tax incentives including, but not limited to, research tax incentives; orphan drug credits; therapeutic discovery credits; accounting methods and periods; energy tax incentives in connection to green building envelope efficiency and benchmarking, solar energy, bioenergies, fuel cells, wind turbines, microturbines, and geothermal systems; and comprehensive fixed asset analysis incorporating principles of construction tax planning, cost segregation analysis and the final treasury regulations governing tangible property.
Peter is a renowned keynote speaker and an extensively published author on specialty tax incentives, tax controversy matters, and legislative updates from Capitol Hill for NAREIT, AGRION, USGBC, AICPA, ASTP, NATP, ABA, AIA, and TEI. Peter serves as a member of the Tax Faculty for CPAacademy, iShade and TaxConnections University ("TCU"). Peter serves on both the Board of Directors and Board of Editors for The American Society of Tax Professionals (“ASTP”) and is the Founding President and Chairman of The Northeastern Region Tax Roundtable, an operating division of ASTP.
Peter J. Scalise, Federal Tax Credits & Incentives Practice Leader has been appointed to serve as the Sponsorship Chair for the 2018 Manhattan Walk with the responsibility for identifying and securing new corporate sponsors to the event, as well as strengthening business relationships with existing corporate sponsors.
Mr. Scalise had previously served as the 2017 Chair for the Walk to End Alzheimer’s and under his Thought Leadership successfully assisted the Manhattan Chapter in exceeding over 110% of the Chapter’s fundraising goals while being ranked amongst the TOP 10 Individual Fundraisers in Manhattan. The Alzheimer's Association's Walk to End Alzheimer’s® is the world's largest event to raise awareness and funds for Alzheimer’s care, support and research. Held annually in more than 600 communities nationwide, this inspiring event calls on participants of all ages and abilities to reclaim the future for millions.
- American Society of Tax Professionals (ASTP), Member of the Board of Directors and Board of Editors
- The Northeastern Region Tax Roundtable, a division of ASTP, Founding President and Chairman
- The Tax Professional Update, a bi-monthly publication of ASTP, National Tax Columnist
- TaxConnections, Tax Faculty Member and Contributing Tax Journalist
- iShade, Tax Faculty Member and Contributing Tax Journalist
- Parker Tax Publishing, Contributing Tax Journalist
- CPAcademy, Tax Faculty Member
- Alzheimer's Association – 2019 National Co-Chair for the Prager Metis Walk to End Alzheimer’s National Gold Team
- Alzheimer's Association - 2018 Manhattan Sponsorship Chair
- Alzheimer's Association - 2017 Manhattan Walk Chair
- MS, taxation, Pace University, New York
- BS, accounting, Hunter College, New York
Peter J. Scalise Named Sponsorship Chair for the 2018 Manhattan Walk to End Alzheimer’s
Peter J. Scalise Named Chair for the 2017 Manhattan Walk to End Alzheimer's
For a full list of Peter's presentations and events please click here
Peter Scalise featured in CPA Magazine article entitled "A Practical Guide to the Enhanced R&D Tax Credit PrEligibler Eligible Small Businesses and Eligible Start-Ups."
212.835.2211 Ext. 10272