Joseph Rust CPA, CFP
Joseph Rust is a Partner in the Advisory Services Department of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He also serves as Regional Managing Partner – California. He has been practicing since 1984.
Mr. Rust has expertise in several areas of the entertainment field working on behalf of recording artists, songwriters, music publishers, entertainers, as well as executives. His specialties include royalty and profit participation examinations, copyright and intellectual property valuations, financial due diligence, licensing examinations, and business management.
Mr. Rust takes great pride in providing high-value service to his clients including acting in a strategic planning role for his business management clients and as an advocate for his royalty and profit participation clients. Over several decades of experience coupled with the use of technology, Mr. Rust and his team have created a unique process of recovering royalties and providing services to clients which most often benefits the client enormously.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- California Society of Certified Public Accountants
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants
- Westside Business Managers Discussion Group
- ABA Section of Intellectual Property Law
- ABA Forum on the Entertainment and Sports Industries
- California Copyright Conference
- Copyright Society of the USA
- Torrance Sister City Association-Board Member
- University of La Verne-College of Business and Public Management-Advisory Board Member
- Rutgers University, Bachelor of Arts in Economics
Insights and Presentations
310.207.2220 / Ext. 753