E. Martin Davidoff CPA, Esq.
E. Martin Davidoff is the National Managing Partner - Tax Controversy Practice of Prager Metis CPAs, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He has been practicing in the accounting industry for over 40 years.
Marty is a renowned expert in IRS and State tax controversy resolution as well as State and Federal income tax matters and Federal tax lien withdrawals. He has written over 30 articles on IRS representation in CPA Magazine and spoken on various tax issues on platforms including Fox News, WPIX and a number of radio shows. In addition, Marty is experienced in business start-ups, tax planning for both individuals and businesses, and the taxation of S-corporations and limited liability companies.
Marty’s extensive knowledge, contacts, and experience allows him to develop a thorough and comprehensive strategy to resolve tax controversies and deliver results effectively. Marty provides his clients with compassionate, reliable service and is willing to go to great lengths to get the best possible outcome. Clients who meet with Marty on tax controversy matters receive Marty’s detailed notes and a specific plan of action prior to leaving the meeting, relieving stress and providing peace of mind.
His comprehensive client service approach has led Marty to win several awards, including Accounting Today’s 100 Most Influential People in Accounting from seven straight years. He has also previously been named by the US Small Business Administration as the Regional Advocate of the Year for small businesses and has participated in two White House conferences on Small Business.
In his spare time, Marty is dedicated to philanthropic endeavors, enjoying his grandchildren, and playing basketball, pickleball, and poker. Most notably, he is the Founder and Executive Director for Make A Smile Foundation Inc., a charity holiday shopping spree that benefits children in economic need.
Marty is also the owner of E. Martin Davidoff, Attorney at Law, which specializes resolution of Federal and State tax controversies, including representation before the IRS and in the United States Tax Court. Marty is admitted to practice law in the States of New York and New Jersey and has firm members or of counsel relationships allowing the firm to practice in 36 additional states.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants – Tax Division Member
- New Jersey Society of Certified Public Accountants – Past Vice President, Chapter President, and Distinguished Service Award Winner
- American Academy of Attorney-CPAs – Past President
- American Bar Association – Section on Taxation
- New Jersey State Bar Association – Section on Taxation
- Middlesex County Bar Association
- New Brunswick Bar Association
- Make A Smile Foundation - Founder
- Middlesex County Bar Foundation – Board of Trustees
- Central Jersey Legal Services, Inc. – Board of Trustees
- White House Conferences on Small Business
- BS, Management, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- MBA, Boston University Graduate School of Management
- JD, Washington University School of Law