Joseph Rust to Present at NARIP's Neighboring Rights Program
Pager Metis Partner Joseph Rust, will present at the National Association of Record Industry Professionals event "Neighboring Rights: How to Collect This Fast-Growing Source of Revenue" on Tuesday, November 18, 2014.
For more information and to register please click here.
This little-known stream of royalty payments can be significant, especially as U.S. music companies and their artists come to better understand the value in neighboring rights to their bottom line. Neighboring rights revenue has increased over 50% in the last five years to over $1.5 billion. Until recently, neighboring rights royalties were deemed insignificant, but today they can make up as much as 15% of top line revenue. Plus, there are no direct costs associated with this revenue.
Our experts will explain where and how they exist and outline how to collect and verify them.
You will learn:
- Who qualifies to collect?
- The importance of nationality, country of recording, publication or release
- Main territories for neighboring rights income
- Main sources of neighboring rights income
- How monies are collected and distributed
- Income to labels and performers: who gets what
- Can neighboring rights be assigned, licensed or transferred?
- Issues for U.S. artists and how to collect
WITH SPECIAL GUEST SPEAKERS
Bruce Lampcov, North American Representative, Fintage Music
Joseph Rust, CPA, CFP, Partner, PragerMetis CPAs