Robert Margolies CPA
Robert Margolies is a Partner Emeritus in the Advisory Department of Prager Metis CPAs, LLC, a member of Prager Metis International. He has been a member of the firm for almost his entire career and has served as co-Managing Partner of Prager and Fenton LLP.
Robert specializes in music and allied fields in connection with the purchase and sale of copyrights, recording catalogs, and music industry corporations. He has appraised dramatic performance rights and catalogues of musical compositions, as well as advised purchasers, executors, sellers and attorneys of such values. He is involved in tax and financial planning services for the entertainment industry, service industries, closely held businesses, and other individuals.
Robert has extensive experience in music publishing and is the president of three international music publishers companies and two United States based music publishing companies.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants—Entertainment & Sports Committee member
- Association of Independent Music Publishers
- Songwriters Hall of Fame-Lifetime Member
- David W. Bermant Foundation-Board of Directors
- Garden State Yacht Club Realty Corporation-Treasurer
BS, accounting, Brooklyn College