Howard Gluckman CPA
Howard Gluckman, is a Partner in the Audit and Accounting , International, and Tax Departments of Prager Metis CPAs, LLC, a member of Prager Metis International Group. He has been in the accounting profession for more than 25 years.
Howard has been instrumental in assisting clients to operate efficiently,by working with them to maintain reliable reporting systems while managing the complex interplay among managements, boards of directors, shareholders, and government agencies. He has significant experience in International Business, particularly with international commercial banks and finance companies. He has been the partner on bank audits ranging in size from under $100 million to over $10 billion in assets. These audits include compliance and internal control attestations under the FDIC Improvement Act of 1991 for institutions with over $500 million in assets and Sarbanes Oxley compliance, as well as assisting clients and regulators with analytical projects throughout the United States, and in Europe and the Middle East.
Howard has published on banking topics of the 2008 banking investment crisis, International Bank Facilities (IBF) and IT auditing. In the arena of international taxation, Howard has worked with multinational and multi-state tax planning, international tax audits, and innovative methods of data preparation for efficient income tax data maintenance. He possesses an ability to explain complexities of international matters to managements, so they can understand the key decisions that will benefit their organizations.
Howard speaks English, Spanish, and Hebrew.
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants— Banking Committee of the New York State Society of CPAs, Former Chair; Anti-Money Laundering and Counter Terrorist Financing Committee; Stock Brokerage Committee
- New Jersey State Society of Certified Public Accountants
- MBA, finance major with distinction, The Stern Graduate School of Business, New York University, New York
- BBA, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor